Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Naav ye meri :)


Isn’t it wonderful how a certain small thing brings back so many memories! While I was cleaning my cupboard in the morning today, I found a small paper boat under my clothes. Around 6 months ago, when I made this small boat in a taxi, thinking of preserving it for long, I knew someday when I will look at it again, it will make me smile. This small thing brought back memories of my first trip to Bombay, my first local train journey and my first sight of the sea. It also brought memories of some people I met for the first time, Thank God it’s Friday, and the time spent at Priyadarshini.

Apart from these obvious things, it brought back memories of something I hadn’t imagined while making it. It reminded me of my childhood. It reminded me of the time and efforts that my mother took to teach me to make it. The stupid lunch break competitions as to how many boats one can make in a minute. It reminded me of the time when after the rains, I and my friends would keep these boats in the drain to have a boat race. And now while I am writing this post, and I see how heavily it’s raining outside, I have a huge smile on my face. J




1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, smaller things in life bring brighter smiles. Nicely written, enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete